One weekday afternoon, Kate decided to bring us on a lunch date to Ang Mo Kio.
Lunch date, Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1?
What could it be?
Turns out that we were going to visit The Cornerstone Restaurant located at the Bishan Ang Mo Kio Park…
The Cornerstone Restaurant is conveniently located just steps away from the nearest carpark (within the Bishan Ang Mo Kio Park) and has both alfresco seatings as well as air-conditioned areas within the restaurant premise. We were promptly sat down and introduced to the set lunch menu…
The Premium Set Lunch goes for $25++ while the Executive Set Lunch was priced at $19++
Actually, we were not aware of the Executive Set Lunch until we had already placed our orders for the Ox Tail Stew Pasta. The menu was actually BEHIND! If we had noticed it earlier, we would have gone for the Country Styled Smoke BBQ Ribs. The set lunch comes with a salad as well as a pretty small dessert of the day. And for $3 more, you’ll be able to choose a hot coffee or tea. Nope, you can’t choose a nice cold cafe latte…
Choices on the Premium Set Lunch ($25++) include
– Salmon steak with basil pesto crust (pan seared salmon with basil pesto crust, angel hair pasta and mexed green salad)
– Seafood Aglio Olio (Aglio Olio with the assorted seafood)
– Country style slow smoked beef brisket (with red wine veal sauce, homemade mashed potato and mixed green salad)
– Mushroom risotto (Vegetarian). Mixed mushorooms risotto cooked with vegetable stock without garlic and onions.
While choices on the Executive Set Lunch ($19++) includes
– Country style smoked BBQ chicken (1/2 chicken with French Fries and mixed green salad)
– Beer Batter Fish and Chips (beer batter fried dory with delicious french fries)
– Aglio Olio (spaghetti with garlic and olive oil)
– Spaghetti Bolognese (spaghetti with minced beef)
– Pulled pork sandwich (with french fries)
The prices are actually not that fantastic. For instance, you’d get the same ox tail pasta for $25++ ala carte. The only difference is that you’ll get a salad or soup as well as a dessert of the day for the same price.
Now that we have gotten our gripe out of the way, it’s time to comment about the food…
IT’S TOTALLY AWESOME!
The ox tail was tender and full of flavour. Apparently, it has been stewed for 24 hours and the flavours (we’re guessing cherry tomatoes with hints of wine and cheese) were infused into the spaghetti. Each mouthful makes you want to go back for more!
As for the buffalo wings, although a little pricey ($17 for 6 wings), is one of the best buffalo styled wings we’ve had in Singapore. Even Hooter’s wings have to take a back seat. Of course the key word here is “in Singapore”. The best buffalo wings? The Buffalo Wings at Lost Coast Brewery! But we digress…
The buffalo wings at the Cornerstone are huge and juicy within. The spiciness level 3 is a good level for both Kate and I. Not too spicy to make you sweat but spicy enough to give you that oomph. As the wings was hot while it was served, breathing in the “fumes” from the wings can give your nose a tingling sensation as well! Be careful!
Address : 1380 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1, (S)569930
Contact : +65 6554 7230
Opening Hours :
Closed On Monday
(Except Public Holidays)
Tuesday to Thur: 12:00 – 22:30
Friday : 12:00 – 22:45
Saturday: 10:00 – 22:45
Sunday: 10:00 – 22:30
If you enjoyed our content, “Like” us on Facebook Today!
If you have visited the Cornerstone Restaurant, tell our readers (in the comments section below) about the “Must Try” foods here!