We hope you have enjoyed our post on the Wizarding World of Harry Potter as well as the Top Things to do at Universal Studios Hollywood over the last 2 weeks. In this final post about Universal Studios Hollywood, we’ll be sharing some tips for you to consider, save and maximize your time at Universal Studios Hollywood!
Tips for Universal Studios Hollywood – 1. Know the Map
Attached is the latest map from Universal Studios Hollywood. What you need to know that the entire attraction is divided into Upper Lot and Lower Lot. When you enter into Universal Studios Hollywood, you are at the Upper Lot. The main attractions at the Upper Lot are the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, Springfield USA – World of the Simpsons, Waterworld, Special Effects Show and AMC’s the Walking Dead. To get to the Lower Lot, there is a escalator inside World of the Simpsons that takes you there. At the Lower Lot, you’ll find 3 main attractions, Transformers The Ride 3D, Revenge of the Mummy The Ride and Jurassic Park The Ride.
Knowing the map will help you to determine which are the attractions you want to visit and how to navigate in order not to waste precious time going through the same paths again. This leads us to the 2nd and most important tip.
Tips for Universal Studios Hollywood – 2. Minimize time on the Escalator
The best case scenario would be take the escalator twice (ie once down and once up). This is because the escalator ride can take up to 10 minutes each way and that would be precious time wasted if you have to make the trip down more than once. Hence…
Tips for Universal Studios Hollywood – 3. Finish Main Attractions at Upper Lot and complete all attractions at Lower Lot
The best way to avoid taking the escalator more than necessary would be to finish main attractions at Upper Lot
This means heading straight to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter followed by Springfield USA – World of the Simpsons before heading down to the Lower Lot for the main attractions of Jurassic Park and Transformers below
Tips for Universal Studios Hollywood – 4. What to Eat at Universal Studios Hollywood
At Universal Studios Hollywood, Butter Beer is akin to Dole Whip of Disneyland. Hence, while you’re at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, grab a frozen Butter Beer at the Three Broomsticks and enjoy the atmosphere within. If you are already hungry by then, you can grab one of the mains there – good for 2 to share. Otherwise, head over to Springfield and grab the Clogger Burger – the double patty Krusty Burger, also good for 2 to share.
Tips for Universal Studios Hollywood – 5. Single Rider
If you are not particular about taking the ride together with your partner, you can opt to go for the Single Rider at the following rides
Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey
Jurassic Park The Ride
Transformers The Ride 3D
Revenge of the Mummy The Ride
As Kate was not keen in taking some of these rides, I was able to finish Jurassic Park, Transformers and Mummy within an hour by utilizing the Single Rider Lane. At all of these rides, I was on the next available ride as a Single Rider. Hence, this could be a tool you want to use for your next visit to USH.
Tips for Universal Studios Hollywood – 6. Recommended Route
We did the following route during our trip to Universal Studios Hollywood. It proved to be quite time efficient and we were able to complete all the following within the day.
1. After entering Universal Studios, head straight to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (on your right)
2. Head to Ollivanders Wand Shop for the demonstration. If you’re not interested, head direct to Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
3. Take pictures at Hogsmeade, Hogwarts, Train Station, Stores (Owl Post, Honey Duke) and Three Broomsticks.
4. Have a frozen Butter Beer and the Butter Beer Potted Cream (if you’re into desserts)
5. Head out of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter and turn right to Springfield USA- World of the Simpsons
6. Head to the Simpsons Ride
7. Have the Clogger Burger at Krustys
8. Take pictures around Springfield and if the queue is not too long, with characters Marge, Homer, Sideshow Bob, Krusty
9. Check out the line at Studio Tour. If it is too long, head back at the end of your day (when most people have completed the Studio Tour). Else, if you have completed the above by lunch, you should be in for a short queue here.
10. Check out the Special Effects Show at the entrance of Springfield (steps 9 and 10 can interchange depending on the show time)
11. Take the escalator down to the Lower Lot (close to the entrance of Springfield) and snap a photo of the studios at Universal Studios Hollywood
12. Use Single Rider to complete the 3 main attractions (Mummy, Transformer, Jurassic Park) here.
13. Take a photo with your favourite Transformers character and let them thrash talk you a little.
14. Head back up to the Upper Lot and complete attractions such as Minion, Walking Dead, Waterworld or go for Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey again.
If you enjoyed our content, “Like” us on Facebook Today!
Remember to leave your comments for 2bearbear Singapore Travel Blog in our comments section below!
We hope these tips will help you in maximizing your time and enjoying your next visit to Universal Studios Hollywood!